Hate Crime and Discrimination

If you have experienced or witnessed a hate crime or hate incident, there are a number of ways you can report this and/or report this.  

Incidents of hate crime can be reported to the police via 999 if it is an emergency or 101 for a non-emergency. If another student from the university or a member of staff was involved in the incident, you can make a formal report of the incident to the University, to be investigated.  

You can also report an incident using the universities Report and Support system

The University and Students’ Union has a Zero Tolerance Stance on any form of discrimination and all students and staff are protected by the University Dignity and Respect Policy and the Equality and Diversity Policy. Information on making a formal report of an incident can also be found in the University Student Complaints Procedure.  

If you have been affected by any form of hate crime or discrimination and would like to access support or information about reporting an incident, do contact either your Student Wellbeing Officer or the Students’ Union.