Work with us
Here at RSU we employ around 45 members of staff, in both full-time positions and part-time student staff positions. Part time roles are for students to work earn money and gain experience alongside their studies. We recruit people to work across a wide range of departments; Student Activities, Events, Student Voice and in our commercial outlets. We also employ student placement staff who work full time within RSU for a period, either taking a year out from their studies (or once they have graduated) or whilst they are currently studying.
- Postgraduate Student Trustee
The Student Trustees will be current students of the University of Roehampton and will be students for the duration of their role. Student Trustees will join the RSU trustee board through a process of application, interview and selection. Once selected, the successful students will be fully trained in all aspects of the role.
The ongoing commitment will mean attending between four and six Trustee Board meetings throughout the year. Each meeting will last a few hours and will require some reading and preparation. As a Trustee you will be involved in the ‘big issues’ affecting the future direction of RSU, but not the day to day operational management.
Some of the things you will be involved in are:
• Ensuring that the RSU vision, values and objectives are appropriate
• Approving the organisation strategy for the future
• Approving systems for financial management that ensure that we comply with the requirements of the Charities Act
• Ensuring that the long-term financial stability of RSU is secure • Ensuring that resources have been appropriately allocated to staff
• Receiving and considering responses to regular feedback from student consultation
• Ensuring that Trustees stay within charity law, and taking action in the unlikely event that they don’t
• Ensuring that all recommended policy meets the objectives of RSU as in line with its strategy and financial capabilities
Some of these may sound a little daunting at first, but you will be given full training and will be guided through any difficult issues as they arise. We want to make sure it is a positive experience for you.
Application Form and Job Description
Please fill in the student trustee application form explaining your motivations to to Chuchu Nwagu, Students’ Union President, RSU, Froebel College, Roehampton University, Roehampton Lane, London, SW15 5PJ or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Monday 29th October