A programme rep is an elected student from each course who represents the student voice of the programme.
Programme Rep's main role is to liaise and represent the views and opinions of students on the programme, collect feedback and communicate this to members of staff and the Students’ Union, and to encourage changes on the programme that the students want to see. The Programme Rep will be the central point of communication for students on your programme.
If you want to become a Programme Rep let your lecturer know!
Brief description of Programme Rep Responsibilities:
- Attend Rep Training and Rep Fest.
- Attend Programme Boards (1-2 per term).
- Attend Departmental Rep Forums (1 per term)
- Represent students on the programme and take their feedback and ideas to the University and Students’ Union,
both formally and informally.
- Communicate with students to keep them up to date with the latest issues, news and updates.
- Feedback to students what happened with their feedback and any changes that occurred in meetings.
- Promote and encourage participation of surveys, such as module evaluation and NSS.
Open a more detailed Programme Rep role description here.
Becoming a Programme Rep
Programme Reps are elected in class in the beginning of the term. Your lecturer should share some information about Programme Reps and hold a small election to appoint the Programme Rep - the way this is done can vary, it might be, eg. an in-class or an online ballot.
Your lecturer should pass your information to email@example.com but to ensure you will be invited to training we recommend you to email us your course and year of study, too.
Programme Rep Training
RSU Student Voice Coordinator Johanna will hold two Programme Rep training sessions for each Department from the end of October to mid-November. The training session is one hour and student who have been elected as Programme Reps must attend ONE session to ensure they are able to carry out their role. All programme Reps will receive a free Programme Rep hoodie and Programme Rep Handbook. Find the Programme Rep Training schedule and more information here.
If you have any enquiries about Programme Reps, contact RSU Student Voice Coordinator Johanna (firstname.lastname@example.org)