A programme rep is an elected or appointed student from each programme who represents the student voice of the programme.
Programme Rep's main role is to liaise and represent the views and opinions of students on the programme, collect feedback and communicate this to members of staff and the Students’ Union at Programme Boards and Rep Forum, and to encourage changes on the programme that the students want to see. The Programme Rep will be the central point of communication for students on your programme.
If you want to become a Programme Rep, Reps are appointed in the first lectures of the term, so make sure to let your lecturer know. They will pass your details to the RSU and we arrange Rep Training.
Programme Rep Responsibilities:
- Attend one hour Rep Training session or complete online training.
- Collect feedback from students on your programme by using the Feedback form and use this form to report the feedback at meetings.
- Attend Programme Board meetings both terms (1-2 meetings per term).
- Attend Departmental Rep Forums (1 meeting per term in November and February)
- As well as at meetings, raise student feedback and ideas to the University and the Students’ Union via email and face to face conversations with your lecturer, programme convener and RSU staff.
- Communicate feedback outcomes to students by using the Feedback Outcomes form to keep them up to date with the latest news and updates.
- Promote and encourage participation of surveys, such as module evaluation and NSS.
Open a more detailed Programme Rep role description here.
Becoming a Programme Rep
Programme Reps are elected in class in the beginning of the term. Your lecturer should share some information about Programme Reps and hold a small election to appoint the Programme Rep - the way this is done can vary, it might be, eg. an in-class or an online ballot.
Your lecturer should pass your information to email@example.com but to ensure you will be invited to training we recommend you to email us your course and year of study, too.
Programme Rep Training
RSU Student Voice Coordinator Johanna holds Programme Rep training sessions for each Department in October. The training session is one hour and all reps must attend one session to ensure they are able to carry out their role. All programme Reps will receive a free Programme Rep hoodie and Programme Rep Handbook. RSU will provide additional online rep training.
If you have any enquiries about Programme Reps, contact RSU Student Voice Coordinator Johanna (firstname.lastname@example.org)