To celebrate 'Real Bread Week' (17th-25th Feb), Growhampton is putting on a very special baking competition on campus. This competition is open and free for everyone to enter.
Love bread? Love baking, or fancy giving it a go for the first time? Then enter your home-baked bread into our competition on Wednesday 21st February for a chance to win a very special Growhampton prize and to be crowned Growhampton baker of the year 2024!
Guidelines for entering the competition:
- All entries to be submitted at the Hive Cafe on Wednesday 21st February by 12pm.
- 1 entry per person
- All entries must be vegetarian, with vegan and GF entries also welcome.
- All entries should be 'real bread'; meaning no preservatives or chemical raising agents (e.g. baking powder). You can use baker's yeast, or try with naturally- leavened sourdough!
- Main ingredients should be water, flour and salt BUT do get creative with additions e.g. vegatables, herbs, nuts, olive oil etc.
- Also get creative with different types of bread too! (ciabatta, focaccia, potato bread, sourdough etc.)
All entries will be judged by a panel made up of the owner of East Sheen Microbakery Juli Farkas, the VP for Education Laura Johnson, and a Growhampton member of staff.
Judging and winner announced at 1pm at the Growhampton Farmers Market, happening in Digby Square (outside Hive Cafe).
For any questions or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy baking everyone!