We believe students of all genders and sexualities should be able to enjoy their time at Roehampton and the Students' Union without experiencing misconduct such as rape, sexual abuse or being harassed.
This behaviour is unacceptable and you can report abuse and harassment of any kind to any member of RSU staff, Security, University of Roehampton Wellbeing staff (listed below) or your Flat Rep.
If you don't feel comfortable or safe enough to report the incident, we understand, and we have other anonymous methods (linked below) to help you report the incident.
Another way of reporting this if you don't feel comfortable could be to go through the next steps with someone you trust (either a friend, a Flat Rep or a tutor) who can support you with the referral.
Please report anything you deem to be sexual misconduct to a member of staff immediately or call the Police on 999.
The university offers free and confidential support to students who have experienced sexual misconduct and would like someone to talk to. You can also report an incident using the universities Report and Support system.
For external support:
- Rape Crisis offers support by promoting the needs and rights of women and girls who have experienced sexual violence. This is in order to improve services to them and to work towards the elimination of sexual violence.
- For male-identified victims, Survivors UK offers individual counselling and group therapy to male victims of rape and sexual abuse. If you want to talk about male rape or sexual abuse, you can call their helpline in confidence on 0845 122 1201 Monday and Tuesday between 19:00 and 21:30 or Thursday between 12.00 and 14:30.
- Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) with the closest branch to Roehampton being The Havens.
- Galop - A charity for LGBT+ Anti-Violence
- Victim Support - For free and confidential support
- Samaritans - A charity providing emotional support