Theatre Tuesdays : Motown The Musical
Tuesday 06 November 2018
SHAFTESBURY THEATRE, WEST END
7pm - 10pm
MOTOWN THE MUSICAL tells the thrilling tale of the man who broke barriers and fought against the odds to define the sound of a generation – complete with the ups and downs of the personal relationships, the professional struggles, and – of course – the music that made history. Discover the story behind the beat that changed minds, touched lives and took the world by storm. MOTOWN THE MUSICAL shows how one label and its roster of legendary artists created the soundtrack that transformed America and gave the world a new musical vocabulary – the Motown Sound. With over 40 classic songs such as “My Girl”, “Stop! In The Name of Love”, “Dancing in the Street”, “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”, this explosive event is the next chapter of Motown’s incredible history – and an experience you’ll never forget.
This year we are running a trip to see Motown - The Musical on Tuesday 6th November at 19:30pm. This is located at:
210 SHAFTESBURY AVENUE,
LONDON, WC2H 8DP
There are 30 tickets available at £29.50 a ticket. Travel is not included, and all students will need to make their own way to the venue. Please note - once these tickets are sold out, we will have no more. However we will be doing further trips in the future. These tickets are Royal Circle seats.
To purchase your ticket please do the following:
- Pay for your ticket via the RSU Website Link at the bottom of this page.
- Wait for the email requesting for you to come into the RSU office to collect your ticket/s.
- When you receive the email, come into the RSU reception and sign out your ticket and collection an information sheet.
- Go to the venue on the day (with plenty of time) and enjoy the show!
Terms and Conditions:
- All tickets need to be purchased first via the website. We will not take payment at the RSU reception.
- If you cannot collect your ticket before the event don’t panic – let us know, and the Trip Coordinator will wait outside the venue for you to collect your ticket.
- There are no refunds on the tickets. If you want to sell your ticket on, you will need to find someone to purchase your ticket then bring them into the RSU to change the name of the ticket holder.
- Tickets can only be sold on at the same cost you paid for your tickets.
- There are only 28 tickets, and therefore all tickets will be on a first come first served basis.
- You are responsible for getting yourself to the venue on the date for the time required before the show begins.
- If you lose your ticket after collecting it, we will be unable to help. Therefore please keep your tickets in a safe place.
- Tickets will be in the ‘royal circle’ area of the theatre. We do not reserve seats, and they will be first come first served.
- You can collect tickets on someone else’s behalf, but you will need their ticket confirmation on you to do so when you collect your ticket.
How long is the show? Approximately 2 hour and 30 minutes.
What do I wear? There is no dress code for this theatre.
What time do I need to get there? We advise aiming to be there for 19:00pm (19:20pm) at the very latest to ensure you are in the theatre before the show starts. If you are past 19:30 you risk possibly not being allowed in until the interval depending on the staff that night.
Are there cloakroom facilities available? Cloakroom facilities are available for coats and umbrellas, however we are unable to accept large bags and luggage. We strongly advise that you do not bring large bags to the theatre.
How do I get to this Theatre? We strongly advise using public transport to get to the venue. The closest tube stations are Covent Garden, Holborn and Tottenham Court Road, but you can walk to the venue in 20-25 minutes from London Waterloo.