VACANCY: POSTGRADUATE STUDENT TRUSTEE
Roehampton Students’ Union is seeking a student who will be taking a postgraduate programme of study in the 2019/20 academic year to become a Postgraduate Student Trustee.
The Student Trustees will be current students of the University of Roehampton and will be students for the duration of their role. Student Trustees will join the RSU trustee board through a process of application, interview and selection. Once selected, the successful students will be fully trained in all aspects of the role.
The ongoing commitment will mean attending between four and six Trustee Board meetings throughout the year. Each meeting will last a few hours and will require some reading and preparation. As a Trustee you will be involved in the ‘big issues’ affecting the future direction of RSU, but not the day to day operational management.
Some of the things you will be involved in are:
· Ensuring that the RSU vision, values and objectives are appropriate
· Approving the organisation strategy for the future
· Approving systems for financial management that ensure that we comply with the requirements of the Charities Act
· Ensuring that the long term financial stability of RSU is secure
· Ensuring that resources have been appropriately allocated to staff
· Receiving and considering responses to regular feedback from student consultation
· Ensuring that Trustees stay within charity law, and taking action in the unlikely event that they don’t
· Ensuring that all recommended policy meets the objectives of RSU as in line with its strategy and financial capabilities
Some of these may sound a little daunting at first, but you will be given full training and will be guided through any difficult issues as they arise. We want to make sure it is a positive experience for you.
The position will be selected, not elected. You must be a registered postgraduate student here at the University of Roehampton. Selection will be by an application and then interview where we will be looking to find out what you feel you can bring to RSU. We will be looking for the following qualities:
· Understanding and sharing our current values and objectives
· Being open minded and comfortable in considering new ideas and considering change
· Like working with people and as part of a team
· Can demonstrate an ability to make good and fair judgments
· Will be a student at Roehampton for the duration of the term office – two years
· Have a desire to make a difference
· You will be a registered Roehampton student in 2018/19
RSU also has a desire and a responsibility to get a broad cross section of backgrounds and interests on the Board of Trustees. As such we particularly welcome applications from students who identify with underrepresented elements of our membership.
Please click here to download, read and complete the full application pack.
The deadline for applications is Friday 31st May at 12.00pm.
Expressions of interest and completed application forms should be addressed to Chuchu Nwagu, Students’ Union President;
By post: RSU, Froebel College, Roehampton University, Roehampton Lane, London, SW15 5P
By e-mail to email@example.com