Conduct and Discipline
"I've been called to a conduct/disciplinary hearing, what can the RSU do to help me?"
The RSU advise that you attend this meeting and due to the expertise and knowledge of their staff, the SU would advise that you also seek their advice before attending any meeting of this kind.
The RSU can:
- Explain the procedure to you and offer you advice on your next steps
- Help you to produce a statement
- Attend the hearing with you as your supporter
(The supporter is not there to represent you (unless you ask for them to do so) but they are there to make sure the process is followed correctly and the student is treated fairly).
"What might I be called to a conduct/disciplinary hearing for?"
There are a number of reasons as to why you may have been called for a conduct or disciplinary hearing. For example:
- Suspected Malpractice
- Suspected Plagarism
If you are contacted regarding your attendance to a conduct or disciplinary hearing, the RSU recommend that you get in touch with them as soon as possible.
Fitness to Study
- It is important whilst studying at Roehampton that you are fully able enough to undertake your studies.
- If you feel you cannot you must contact your department immediately, they will be able to support you and seek a solution.
- If you need independent advice on issues arising from this please contact the RSU who will be able to advise and support you.
To book an appointment email the Advice Service at: SU.Advice@roehampton.ac.uk