This is a funky take on tomato ketchup created by This Is Our Jam volunteers from the Student Union. It is a great recipe for a dip to use with potato wedges, or as a topping for a burger or patties.
- 2-3 medium sized beetroot
- 1 small onion (chopped finely)
- Grated horseradish, or chilli powder (half tspn)
- Red wine vinegar (quarter small cup)
- 1 tspn sugar or maple syrup (optional)
- Coriander powder (pinch)
- Salt (pinch)
- Black pepper (pinch)
Chop beetroot into cubes and par boil.
Drain the beetroot and then add the rest of the ingredients (except horseradish and sugar). Saute until all ingredients are softly cooked.
Add the grated horseradish or chilli powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
OPTIONAL STEP - Add the sugar, or maple syrup, and cook until fully combined.
Blitz the mixture with a hand blender (or potato masher if you need to improvise).
Enjoy with potato wedges, patties, or a burger