Lets change the (cis)stem and have the voices of trans students be heard! :)
About me -
My name is Kye and I am a second year Criminology student. I am a trans man who feels very passionate about the fight for trans equality. I have previously been involved with a group called Transpire who provides support for trans and LGBT+ individuals and therefore I am aware of the issues that we (the trans community) face and I am determined to implement some of the necessary changes at Roehampton University to tackle these issues and to make sure that the voices of trans students are heard. I am also a Hate Crime ambassador for Essex Police and therefore I have the necessary resources to help students who have been a victim of any form of transphobia.
What I aim to implement as the trans officer -
- Provide training for staff to increase awareness on trans issues, pronouns and how to best implement changes to support trans students.
- Ensure that all trans students have access to the information that they need to support their transition (whether medically, legally or generally). This includes information about safe binding, options for testosterone or oestrogen, surgery (for those that want it) and name changes (Deed Poll).
- I understand that some individuals perhaps would prefer to talk to other trans students about trans issues, and therefore I will make sure to engage in online and on campus contact (coronavirus permitting) to make sure that trans students get the support that they need.
- I aim to tackle on campus transphobia and aim to be one point of contact for students who have been victimised. Due to being a hate crime ambassador, I can take the necessary steps to deal with this.
- I aim to work alongside the LGBT+ society to create events and a safe space for individuals to socialise and freely express themselves.
Your voice matters! -
- I will personally make sure that your voice is heard by making sure that the sabbatical officers are held to account and to ensure that the interests of trans individuals are well represented. Lets change the (cis)stem!