Student Representation is the key to success, Vote Nic 4 Roey Progress!
My name is Nicolo Salvatore Sodaro and I'm your current Vice President of Community and Welfare and I am running to be re-elected for this position. You may also know me from serving you a cheeky snakebite or running student-led events such as Karaoke, Lip Sync Battle, and Bingo at the Union Bar Last Year.
What have I done so far?
- Run successful Mental Health Campaigns with ‘Alright Mate and Women in Mind’.
- I have planned the Sexual Assault Awareness Month for April 2021.
- Supported work on a declaration for Climate Emergency at Roehampton University.
- I have created and distributed an Accommodation Survey regarding issues in on-campus facilities.
- I have also worked closely with the Off-Campus team to support Accommodation pricing, ensuring it remains fair for future students.
- Ensured student voices are being heard this year, regarding Accommodation rebates and decreasing Tuition Fee value long-term.
- I have worked with the Wellbeing team to be more visible within its students, making them known and easier to access.
- I have supported the BAME Officer and worked towards splitting the BAME role to Black Student Officer and Asian and Minority Ethnic Student Officer to increase representation.
What will I do for you, if re-elected as your VP Community and Welfare?
- Continue to work with the Accommodation and Maintenance teams to improve the quality of Accommodation blocks with termly-based surveys.
- Continue work with the Roehampton Sustainability Project, ensuring the Climate Emergency is fulfilled to its highest potential.
- I will work with other elected officers to bring back No Lecture Wednesdays, to allow students to focus on Sport and Wellbeing.
- Working with the University on improvements to its Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity across Roehampton.
- I will work to better on-site facilities, improvements to the MUGA courts, and Wi-Fi services.
- I will work with the Black Student Officer and Asian and Minority Ethnic Student Officer, LGBTQ+ and Trans Officers, ensuring they are fully represented, and their campaign projects can run effectively with my support.
- I will enhance the Growhampton Volunteering Scheme.
- Work with the Events team to ensure the best student experience throughout the year.
- Continue to raise awareness for Men’s and Women’s Mental Health with known campaigns such as ‘AlrightMate?’ and Women in Mind.
- I will ensure the RSU lead on Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Consent Matters. In addition to this, creating a Red Card Campaign for Domestic Violence of Women.
- I will also work to ensure the safety of students and staff both on and off-campus. Running knife crime projects and increasing lighting across campus. I will create a safeguarding project and have secure policies around this.
- Create a partnership between Student Minds and the RSU – to increase the various methods of support we can offer students.
Student Representation is the key to success, Vote Nic 4 Roey Progress