My name is Louise Pitsialis, I am a third-year sports science student and the current captain of the university rugby team. Next year I will be doing a masters in Biomechanics and would love to have the opportunity to represent female athletes by making sure your voices are heard.
Below are a few of the things I would do if I get selected for this role:
- Continue to promote and encourage inclusion and participation within women’s sport
- Ensure women’s sport at the university gets the equal coverage it deserves
- Work to create more links with local clubs
- Hold multiple events, including ones to celebrate ‘this girl can week’ and international women’s day
- Have a college cup for female sport
- provide regular updates from SportRoe and the RSU
I would like to contribute to making positive changes at the university and would love to be considered as the next female sports president.
Thank you for your time,