Welcome Crew 2017
Welcome Week is one of the biggest events of the year for Roehampton University and we need your help!
We are looking for second year, third year and postgraduate students who would like to join our Welcome Crew and help throughout the week.
The tasks that will be assigned to you will include:
• Talking to new students to make them feel welcome and help them settle in
• Provide information on Roehampton University life, the RSU, accommodation and social events throughout the week
• Help new students with the enrolment process
• Give directions to social events, welcome talks and accommodation – or just help a lost student in need!
• There will be a variety of both day and night social events which you will need to provide information about to help students find out where they need to be and when
• You will be a helping hand during Moving In Sunday – giving directions and welcoming students as they arrive
• Fresher’s Fair is one of our biggest events and will need your help to make sure the event runs smoothly – letting students know where everything is and the best access route to them
• Some Welcome Crew will be present at Welcome Talks to offer insight into your own experiences and give advice to our new students
• Help maintain a safe environment for all students on campus
The skills we require for this volunteer role are as follows:
• You will need to be enthusiastic and friendly
• We need you to be fully dedicated and ensure you are present at all the shifts allocated to you
• You will need to be confident and ensure you communicate clearly to the new students you encounter
• At times there may be problems that you will have to solve so an ability to work under pressure is essential
• Your time management will be very important to maintaining day to day schedules of events.
As well as the positive feeling you get when you have helped a person in need, there are other benefits that you will receive for being a part of our Welcome Crew:
• This volunteering position will look great on a CV and will enhance your skill set
• I’m sure you remember how scary your first few days at university were in a new environment, surrounded by new people and you will be alleviating those stresses for the new students
• You will receive a Welcome Week T-shirt!
• We will provide food and coffee vouchers to keep you going throughout the day
• We will provide entry to some of the social events
• There will be an End of Welcome Week Party for all the Welcome Crew to celebrate all your hard work
• We will be running small competitions throughout the week with prizes for Welcome Crew Volunteers to win
• It is a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends!
If this position would be of interest of you, please fill out the below application form and we look forward to welcoming you into the team!