Friday 22nd March - Tuesday 14th May 2019
Society Elections (also known as AGM / Annual General Meeting) are required to be held by each society every year, to ensure each society carries onto the next academic year. This can be online or in person, however it must be democratic and open for all current society members to be elected.
Therefore each society has the following three options:
- Run your society election online: contact email@example.com for more details on how to do this.
- Run your election through an AGM providing 7 days’ notice to all members, and registering your date online through the link below (please note, if you hold an AGM and this is not done correctly, your election will be invalid)
- Put your society up for adoption – if you feel you don’t have enough members / will graduate this year with no continuing committee, please contact the activities team. The society will then be put up for adoption post Wednesday 15th May for those who may be interested in taking over the society.
Anyone can participate in an election, but to vote or be elected you must be a registered member of that society. However we encourage as many of you to consider taking on these roles – it’s a fantastic volunteering role, and a great way to gain experience for your CV.
Please see the following guidance on running a Society AGM and handing over to your new committee:
All societies will need to do the following:
-Register your AGM Date online above 7 days before the AGM takes place (please make sure to advertise this within your society).
- Take a register of those who attended your AGM.
- Register your new committee online above.
Once you have registered both above, your new committee will receive the Signatory Agreement for 2019/20. This needs to be handed in by Friday at 5pm on the 31st May 2019.
Society AGMS Begin: Friday 22nd March 2019
Society AGMS Close: Tuesday 14th May 2019 at 23:59pm
Society Committee Training: Wednesday 15th May 2019 at 15:00pm in the Portrait Room, Grove House
Signatory Agreement Submission: Friday 31st May 2019 by 5pm (Handed into Kate at the RSU Reception Desk)
Want to head to one of the Society AGMS? All are shown below. If the AGM is not noted yet, this is because it has not yet been confirmed.
(Please note - any society created since 1st January 2019 is currently eliminated from the RSU Society Election Period unless requested by the society).
Animal Welfare Society
BBoy/KPop Dance (B.K.D)
Comic Book and Manga Society
Dance Competition Team Society
First Aid and St Johns Society
First Love Society
Historical and Classics Society
ISOC (Islamic Society)
Kharis on Campus Society
Mental Health Network
Philosophy Society - Thursday 21st March in GH004.
Pole Fitness Society
Refugee Action Society
Roehampton Coexist Society
Roehampton Music Society
Roehampton Players Society
RoePaul's Drag Society
Third Row Dance Company
Universal Black Minds Society
UR Writing Society