The Department Rep is an experienced Rep elected from each department - there is one Department Rep per Department.
They act as the link between the Programme Reps and the Department, are the lead student representative of the Department and drive student engagement. They also provide leadership and mentoring support to Programme Reps and support the voices of students in their Department.
Department Reps have a variety of responsibilities with a focus on students’ academic experience, for example:
- Arrange & chair Departmental Rep Forums once a term.
- Communicate with Programme Reps via email and on social media to keep them up to date with the latest issues and news in their Department, as well as Rep Forum dates.
- Attend a Programme Validation Panel, Programme Boards, Departmental meetings, Student Senate, and any other meetings required by the Department.
- Lead, mentor and support Programme Reps throughout the academic year
- Promote and encourage student participation in surveys, such as module evaluations, RSU surveys, and the National Student Survey (NSS).
- Work with the department on local student engagement projects
- Arrange rep socials.
Open a more detailed role description for Department Reps here.
If you are a Programme Rep and would like to get in touch with your Department Rep email firstname.lastname@example.org