Societies in Isolation
During this unprecedented time, we at Roehampton Students Union would like to give you some suggestions for what your Society could get up to.
- It’s really important to keep busy and to stay in touch with fellow members as it can be very challenging for all of us at times and keeping in touch via social media is a great way to see how your members are doing. It’s important to remember to try and include all your members in what you do to ensure no one is left out so I have included a couple of suggestions. At RSU@Home we also have a great communication method called Telegram Messaging which you can find the link to download on our homepage. But other forms which everyone should have access to is Zoom. Or have a chat with your comity to see what other forms of social media people have access to.
- Have you thought about how your Society could still be active virtually? This could include doing video catch ups, a Kahoot quiz or something completely new something which someone might have had this is the perfect time to try anything new! Have fun try something new.
- How about thinking about reflecting on all of your achievements as a Society this year. If you could would be amazing if you had photos to see some mood boards with all those amazing achievements on. Send them over to us and we might include some on our pages.
- Thinking of next year as this is a perfect time to brainstorm some new ideas for next year as well as starting to think about how you could recruit even more new members next year!
- Get in touch with another Society whether it’s at our university or another one, talk about how they are doing and also if there’s something you could collaborate on maybe a quiz or a karaoke competition could be fun to get some bragging rights haha!
- How about an online game like chess, cards against humanity or something completely different?
- How about a virtual music night? Can host via Zoom and get some tunes going.
- You can always start a Society blog, or you could send an article of what you are getting up to during lockdown to Fresh Media where loads of students are posting some things they are getting up to.
We hope whatever you are getting up to you make sure you tag us in what you are doing. We wish you all the best health during this very tough time and hope to see you all very soon!