Sport President - Female
Recent Blog Posts
Let’s think outside the Box, Vote Jess Box.
You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. Give it a go and vote Jess Box for Female Sport Roehampton President.
I am a strong believer in living a healthy lifestyle. Good health isn’t just about eating well and exercise it also includes having a positive mental health. I want to change the way you see sport. Sport and exercise isn’t about suffering or pushing yourself, it’s about keeping active, socialising and having fun. You can do this by taking up an activity that Sport Roehampton can offer to you.
Here are my key manifesto points for what I want to achieve:
- We already have the 5/10 k run however I want to encourage students to get involved in more charity and fundraising events such as launching a Roehampton colour run, getting teams together to take part in events such as tough-mudder, the wolf run and marathons/fun-runs across our area
- I want to increase the social media interaction with students even more. I will do this by creating a page on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat run by myself and other students, which will focus on living a healthy lifestyle and encouraging students to take part in any sport they enjoy.
These pages will include:
- Photos from classes
- Daily workout videos
- Nutrition tips
- Food recipes for students
- Not many students know about all of the amazing equipment and facilities we have available. Advertising the availability of sport equipment is crucial and making these all more accessible for the students to engage with.
- I will build a platform for the smaller sport teams to thrive by creating events that will publicise these sports such as sport dating (speed dating for sports).
- We already have a programme of classes set up by Nuffield Health and Sport Roehampton. However, I want to drive students to run classes of their own alongside the Sport Roehampton programme. This way non-sport members can get fit and have fun.
- Diversity is important in sport and I want to work with S.W.A.N (students of alternative needs society), the ‘Students With Disability’s Officer’ and the ‘Mental Health Officer’ to bring events and new sports to Roehampton that are accessible for students that are less-abled.
Along with all of this, I have so much more and I want to give back to the students who have already given me so much. So please elect me, Jess Box, to be your female Sports President 2017/18!
I want to change the way you see sport, let’s think outside the Box, Vote Jess Box.