Recent Blog Posts
My name is Minaal Ali and I want to be your Southlands deputy president! I lived on campus in my first year, off for my second and I had to come back for a third year because I missed it so much! I’ve had some great experiences, and I want to add to this by organising events, and creating a diverse community to make southlands the place to be!
- Once a month there will be a poll to decide on the trip of the month, with three options, such as a theme park, bowling, museums etc, that students can decide on.
- College Events:
- Once a month there will be an event such as: take me out, southlands sports day, a southlands fiesta, and for the first time ever a “southlands does love island,” where students who volunteer will be paired randomly and complete a series of challenges through the week, and each day a couple will be disqualified until we have a winner!
- Southlands prom
- And of course the boat party!
- Reef Nights:
- Weekly quiz nights, movie nights, and a space for students to study when exam season is close.
- College Life:
- Its important to feel safe and comfortable and therefore I want to make sure that all flats are running smoothly and on and off campus students feel involved. By holding these events we will become a stronger community through fun and communication.