A big part of living at Mount Clare is that you meet people from all over the country and get given the chance to listen to all sorts of ideas, some of which could improve Student Life here. For me, it reminds me that our students here are dynamic, friendly, creative and above all, community-spirited.
I have been asked multiple times by many different students here at Mount Clare about certain issues which haven’t been rectified and I believe the students here deserve better.
So Who am I?
My name is Jake White and this is my 3rd year here now at Roehampton and my 2nd at Mount Clare. I am currently studying Business Management. I am an out-going and welcoming individual who will always make time for you no matter how small the issue might seem. We are severely unrepresented here at the moment and my plan is to change that.
Why Vote for Me?
If elected, I know that I can devote myself, my time and the resources available to me to create a better environment here at Mount Clare. I will ensure that that my full attention is focused into making Mount Clare, Froebel and the University a more welcoming and inclusive environment.
What would I be aiming to achieve if I became site rep?
- Improved Facilities, most notably the washers and dryers as they are currently out of order. When a complaint is made it can take up to a couple of weeks for issues to be fully rectified. I plan on reducing this to a maximum of 24 Hours.
- Introduce a plan to get a pool table in the common room. Upon speaking to students here, the current idea would be to have it in the corner where the old lockers are.
- To meet with head of Froebel College to discuss a potential refurbishment of areas around Mount Clare. Current ideas from students have included the common room, external paintwork on blocks ( B1,B2,B3 etc.) as well as on Mount Clare house ( the accommodation office) and in and around Picasso.
- Propose the introduction of vending machines which accept contactless payment.
- Social Events will be set up E.g. Ping Pong, Organised nights watching events on the television in the common room (Champions League, BGT, FA Cup etc.)
- Dedicated Noticeboards/ Calendars detailing University Events. E.g. Details of Summer Ball, society and sporting events, and Locations of closest stores/supermarkets with their opening/closing times.
- Meet regularly with the Vice President (Community & Welfare) to provide updates on matters relevant to students here at Mount Clare and to discuss ideas for new events, activities, campaigns and initiatives.
- Regularly establish contact and regular meetings with Froebel Head of College and elected college president to discuss Mount Clare issues.
- Ensure the interests of the students at Mount Clare are being represented to Froebel College and at the students’ Union Council (SUC).
- Create awareness of the students’ union and lead campaigns on issues that are relevant to Mount Clare.