An alternative need does not define a person and certainly shouldn’t restrict their university experience. Therefore, my priority is to ensure that your time here is manageable, accessible and fulfilling. After I petitioned on behalf of those with disabilities, reaching 300,000 petitioners and professional organisations, I believe I can represent every student regardless of their ability. Moving forward, I’d like to approach the following:
- Maintain collaboration with S.W.A.N, Disability Department Coordinators and the RSU to cover all areas of support necessary.
- Continue to campaign with and for students.
- Put the appropriate provisions in place so that all students are fully supported on and off campus.
- Create an interactive online presence that engages students and offers guidance.
- Better the awareness of all disabilities. Through this, advertisement of national holidays, events and collaborations with charities can take place.