The annual RSU Elections nomination period will begin on 04/02/21 at 08:00. Read this article to find out more about the positions available this year.
In adherence to the Students’ Union byelaws and Articles of Association, I hereby announce the notice for the elections of Officer Trustees and Part-Time Officers for the academic year 2021/2022.
This notice contains the following information:
- The positions in which nominations are invited are:
- Vice President (Education)
- Vice President (Community & Welfare)
- Digby Stuart College President
- Froebel College President
- Southlands College President
- Whitelands College President
- Digby Stuart College Deputy President
- Froebel College Deputy President
- Southlands College Deputy President
- Whitelands College Deputy President
- Mount Clare Site Rep
- Off Campus & Commuting Students’ Officer
- Sport Roehampton President (male)
- Sport Roehampton President (female)
- Mature Students’ Officer
- Disabled Students’ Officer
- Mental Health Officer
- Students with Caring Responsibilities Officer
- LGBTQ+ Officer
- Trans Students’ Officer
- Gender Equality Officer
- Environmental and Sustainability Officer
- Black Students’ Officer
- Asian & Minority Ethnic Students’ Officer
- Interfaith Officer
- International Students’ Officer
- Muslim Students’ Officer
- Societies Officer
- Chair of Students’ Union Council
- The date and time for the opening of nominations: Nominations open 08:00 Thursday 4th February 2021.
- The date and time for the close of nominations: Nominations close 12:00 noon Wednesday 17th March 2021.
- Details of who is eligible to vote: Full Members of the Union are eligible to participate in elections and referendums.
Full Members are defined as:
- Each and every student who has not opted out by notifying the University of Roehampton or the Students’ Union of their wish not to be a member of the Union
- The Sabbatical Officers of the Union
Students’ who have opted out of their membership shall not be entitled to involvement in any democratic processes of the Union, including standing as a candidate or voting in elections. Associate members of the Union who are not registered students at Roehampton University are not entitled to participate in elections.
- Details of how to submit a nomination: Nomination Packs may be downloaded from roehamptonstudent.com/elections after nominations open. To submit a nomination, fill out a nomination form online at roehamptonstudent.com/elections
- The location and times of voting: You can vote any time online from 08:00 Tuesday 23rd March 2021 to 12:00 noon Friday 26th March 2021 at roehamptonstudent.com/vote
For any enquiries about the election, please email firstname.lastname@example.org