The Autumn is finally here, which means the start of a new season and a new term.
Growhampton volunteering sessions will start up again officially from the week commencing on Monday 21st September (Welcome Week), but we are always busy out in the garden so we have started up a few smaller ad hoc sessions here and there which you are welcome to join!
Our sessions, previously known as ‘Learn 2 Grow’, will now be rebranded ‘Give it a Grow’.
So we hope that you will join us in Giving it a Grow with sowing, growing, plant care, weeding, watering and so much more! You can find ourt more about each session on the ‘What’s On’ tab HERE or simply follow our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for updates.
New to Growhampton and would like to join? Simply drop us an email and let us know that you would like to get involved! We will add you to our mailing list and you will receive updates about upcoming sessions.
Usually we are quite flexible with the sessions as things often change due to the weather, unfortunately we are unlikely to be able to do our craft / carpentry / art sessions indoors if it rains. But we will see.
How it will work:
There will be two weekly sessions on every single week during term time.
Tuesday 2pm – 4pm
Simply drop us an email the day before to sign up to the session. Currently, we can accept 3 volunteers, this will be increased to 5 when we get to Welcome Week. We need to receive a confirmation that you will attend the session, so we can control the number of people joining in.
We might also put on some ad hoc foraging/tea-making sessions. So just keep an eye out on your email and our social media for those!
COVID-19: Guidance for staff and volunteers.
Access and travel
- The Growhampton sites on campus will be accessible for a few by appointment/agreement only rather than open to the everyone.
- Anyone considered medically vulnerable/ subject to government shielding advice should not visit the garden.
- Only 6 people allowed on any Growhampton site during a session to limit the numbers of staff/visitors/volunteers in the garden at any one time.
- Growhampton staff will inform maximum numbers of visitors in any communications with students/staff/community. There will be a sign in the garden with reference to government guidance on social distancing.
Social distancing and Sanitation
- At all times social distance (2m) must be maintained between staff/visitors/volunteer. 1m where 2m is not possible.
- Maximum 6 people in the same area outdoors. Maximum 3 people indoors.
- Hand washing should be followed according to government guidance. Wash your hands before you arrive at the garden, wear gloves where appropriate. Sanitizer and blue roll is available in the Polytunnel for cleaning tools/equipment after each use.
- Keep hand sanitiser available where possible and use before opening and closing any gate locks. There will be hand sanitizer available in all Growhampton spaces.
Lots of Love,